Arctic Devil (2020)
Midnight Sun Brewing Co.
Find and rate beers like this on the Tavour app!
A Note on This Beer
The only thing longer than Bourbon Barrel-Aged Arctic Devil English-style Barleywine’s name is its monstrous list of praise!
Seriously, just take a glance at this impressive resume and you’ll start to understand why today’s once-a-year release from Midnight Sun is so coveted:
- Ranked #9 Best English Barleywine on BeerAdvocate with a massive 97/100 rating.
- Out of 62 submissions, Paste Magazine placed Arctic Devil as #14 Best Barleywine in their Blind Taste Test, among some of the most elite in the country.
- When we snuck a stash of last year’s vintage from the Great North, our members gave it a wide-eyed 4.23-rating!!
Ok, but maybe you’re one of those craft fans who isn’t impressed by a trophy case full of awards. Instead, you want to know what this world-class pour tastes like, huh? Well, hold on to your hat, buddy:
- Arctic Devil aged for 11 months in Woodford Reserve Double Oak Bourbon Barrels, imparting layers of rich toffee depth.
- Crack open a bottle of this fiendish brew and the room will fill with thick aromas of bourbon and flowing caramel. The 13.2% ABV screams with cognac-drenched, candied apricots, fortifying you with the boozy strength to traverse the unforgiving Alaskan wilderness.
- Its boozed-up body of crystalized brown sugar and dark fruits is perfect for cellaring, which will smooth the flavors and soft vanilla from the Bourbon Barrels over time and mellow the alcohol heat.
Do we have your attention?
Good, because if you want to score this famed Barleywine, you better grab your prize right now! Otherwise, it’ll be at least another year before this sought-after beast crosses your path again.
Rated 97/100 on BeerAdvocate; Paste Mag says, “Any brewery would be proud to have this as a winter special release.”
Holiday shopping is easy with Tavour! Just head over to Tavour.com/gifts to send a gift box or gift card to the craft beer lover in your life. Cheers to holiday beers!
Tavour strictly supports independent beer. Midnight Sun Brewing Co. is certified independent by the Brewers Association