Alewerks Brewing Company
Find and rate beers like this on the Tavour app!
A Note on This Beer
The Lowdown: A chocolatier-like dark beer master from Virginia crafts a Black Forest Cake Stout aged in Brandy and Woodford Reserve Bourbon Barrels with Montmorency Cherries.
- Brewery Acclaim: Winners of the Veer Magazine Golden Tap Award, Alewerks is lauded as the best brewery of the Chesapeake Bay Area. Two of their lush chocolatey dessert beers are on BA’s Top 25 Beers from Virginia.
- What it tastes like: An extra cocoa powdered bite of fudge, slathered with liquor soaked dark luxardo cherries. The extra infusion of brandy makes the cherries stand out even among layers of deep brownie batter roasts.
- Superb mouthfeel: Like biting into a velvety, fudgy bit of cake soaked with bourbon. You bite the cake, the cake bites back with 9.5% ABV.
- How You’ll Feel While Drinking: It’s like a magical cake that you can keep on eating and it never makes you full.
- Recommended Recreation: Bring this in for all cake activities. Birthday parties, weddings, afternoon chocolate snacking sessions - this cocoa treat fits right in.