A Note on This Beer
One of the coolest cuisine experiences of my life was in Montreal.
I was at this pitch-black restaurant where, seriously, I couldn’t see my hand two inches in front of my face! The idea is that, by removing your sight, all the other senses will be heightened.
And let me tell you, it freakin’ worked! While each bite of my dinner was a new, sensational adventure, it was actually the beer that left an unforgettable impression.
In the darkness, each sip shined on my tongue like bubbly, pink champagne. A remarkable crispness aroused my senses while a berry, jammy tartness shivered through my body, causing goosebumps to appear down my neck, like when a cool breeze blows.
I smuggled the empty bottle into the well-lit restaurant lobby. It was there I learned my craft beer senses were forever altered by today’s Solstice d’Eté Framboise (Raspberry) Berliner Weisse from Canada’s very own Brasserie Dieu Ciel!
One of the biggest craft names in Montreal, Dieu Ciel earns praise from Eater and even Time Magazine! Plus, they boast more awards than I can list, from the Canadian Brewing Awards to the San Diego International Festival of Beer.
Made just once a year, today’s saucy elixir from these Canadian masters is ideal for taking your senses on a vibrant awakening. With each tart, refreshing sip, you’ll uncover impeccable nuances that cannot be seen with the eyes — they must be experienced through an immersive experience!
- Scent: Vibrantly tart fruit owns the nose, like walking through a field of ripe berries.
- Sound: Bubbles burst in the effervescent pour, sparkling like top-shelf champagne.
- Feel: Each crisp mouthfeel invigorates the palate (thank you, wheat!)
- Taste: Raspberry jamminess bursts amid waves of citrus-bite, creating an experience akin to a top-shelf speakeasy cocktail.
- Sight: An unmistakable ruby vibrance makes Soltice d’Ete stand out amongst any other glass in the room.
I highly encourage trying a blind-taste test in your own home!
Cover your eyes with a blindfold and take a sip of this raspberry-soaked Berliner Weisse to awaken your craft senses to new levels. You may never want to drink beer with your eyes open again!
Rated 4.05 on Untappd