Track #10: Bat Out of Hell
The Lost Abbey
Add your rating on the Tavour app.
A Note on This Beer
In 2012, only 500 lucky souls chosen by lottery got to drink all the barrel aged brews in The Lost Abbey’s Ultimate Box Set. Outside of trades or by sheer chance, very few got to try the highest rated of the bunch: the 13.5% ABV coffee, cacao nib, and bourbon-drenched Track #10 - Bat Out of Hell Imperial Stout.
Now Bat Out of Hell is unleashed from the box, still blazing through the craft world with outstanding ratings and recognition as one of the best Imperial Stouts ever made:
- It’s one of BeerAdvocate’s Top 100 Imperial Stouts of all time with an impressive 4.40.
- Untappd’s barrel fiends and dark beer enthusiasts give it a 4.34 out of 5.
- Lucky Tavour members who nabbed it two years ago gave it a huge 4.4!
Here’s how Bat Out of Hell earned these best-of-craft worthy ratings:
- Bourbon - It’s the whiskey barrel-aged version of The Lost Abbey’s deep and boozy Serpent’s Stout, highly rated in its own right with a 95 on Draft Mag and a 4.23 on BeerAdvocate.
- Cacao Nibs - Brewed with four pounds per batch of THCO cacao nibs, it overwhelms the senses with chocolate aromas.
- Coffee - 17 pounds of coffee go into Bat Out of Hell to further saturate the beer with espresso character.
- Vanilla Beans - Real vanilla beans bring a kiss of sweetness to balance out the booze and roast.
Bat Out of Hell remains the pride of The Lost Abbey -- they open bottles to impress guest brewers whenever they visit. Once you get a taste of its coffee, milk chocolate, dark fruit, and burnt sugar depths, you’ll feel so victorious you could take on hell single handedly. That is until The Lost Abbey returns this beer into the vault…
4.40 on BeerAdvocate, #80 Imperial Stout; 4.40 on Tavour; 4.34 on Untappd